Why Timber Prefabrication
Timber is globally favoured as the building material of choice and when combined with prefabrication techniques provides many advantages including:
- Workability – ease of cutting, shaping, joining providing fast construction – considerably quicker than double brick
- Versatile – used in all parts of construction process and can easily and effectively combined with brick and brick veneer construction
- Strong – excellent strength to weight ratio, extended through engineered manufacturing techniques and systems – cheaper and easier to handle than steel
- Sustainable* – stores embedded carbon removed from the atmosphere and provides thermal qualities for comfortable and energy efficient homes
- Quality control – prefabrication with timber in a controlled environment allows for the highest quality of workmanship with advanced machinery, safe, clear, dry and level facilities, engineering for purpose, testing and innovation.